A hypertension diet plan is very much beneficial as it is the dietary approach to stop hypertension which helps in reducing the risk of high blood pressure. Only some people out of many can control high blood pressure. Proper meal plans, lifestyle changes, etc. are very important factors to treat high blood pressure. Researches prove that a proper meal plan for hypertension will reduce the risk of high blood pressure and many more problems. The hypertension diet plan contains fruits and vegetables and other healthy foods by reducing the intake of sugar, fats, etc.
Following are the things that you should include in your meal plan:
Fruits are very important for reducing hypertension that one must include them in their meal plan. Following are the fruits that one should include in their diet:
- Apple: Apples contain fibre and vitamin c which helps in reducing high blood pressure and also helps in improving the health of the heart.
- Orange: Oranges help in reducing high blood pressure by reducing its level as they are very much rich in vitamin c and also, they contain a high level of potassium.
- Tomato: Tomatoes are very much beneficial to reduce high blood pressure as they are very rich in fibre, and contain lycopene and many other antioxidants.
- Banana: Banana has potassium and magnesium. Potassium helps in regulating blood pressure and magnesium helps the heart muscles to relax.
- Avocado: Avocado contains potassium that helps to regulate the level of blood pressure. It also contains antioxidants, fats fibres, etc. which reduces BP.
- Blueberries: Blueberries have antioxidants and fibres. Antioxidants help in reducing high blood pressure and fibres help to reduce the level of cholesterol.
- Pomegranate: Pomegranate contains fibre, antioxidants, and polyphenols that help in reducing the level of blood pressure.
Vegetables are a very healthy option that one should add to their meal plan. Following are some of the vegetables which one should add to their diet as they contain less sodium so they help in reducing high blood pressure:
- Carrots: Carrots contain potassium, vitamin A and vitamin K. Potassium helps in reducing high blood pressure. Vitamins A and K help in improving cardiac health by reducing the risk of cardiac diseases.
- Spinach: Spinach contains potassium which balances the sodium in the body and then helps in reducing high blood pressure. It also contains magnesium which helps to lower hypertension.
- Peas: Peas contain magnesium and fibres which helps in reducing hypertension. It also has potassium that balances the effect of sodium in the body and reduces high blood pressure.
- Kale: Kale has vitamin c that reduces the risk of hypertension. It also has fibres, potassium and magnesium that reduce high blood pressure.
- Broccoli: Broccoli contains vitamin C and vitamin K which helps to regulate blood pressure. It also contains magnesium and fibres which helps in reducing blood pressure.
- Asparagus: Asparagus contains potassium that helps in reducing hypertension. It also contains vitamin K, fibres and folate that regulate blood pressure.
As mentioned above, these fruits and vegetables are very beneficial for reducing blood pressure which must be included in the meal plan for hypertension.